Best Practices for Transportation Agency Use of Social Media by Susan Bregman (Ed.), Kari Edison Watkins (Ed.)
By Susan Bregman (Ed.), Kari Edison Watkins (Ed.)
Read or Download Best Practices for Transportation Agency Use of Social Media PDF
Similar transportation books
Floor delivery performs a basic position in approximately all social and financial job. supplying and keeping the infrastructure consumes huge, immense assets. hence, it really is crucial that this be performed within the most productive and potent method attainable. Many recommendations can be found to supply floor shipping infrastructure public ministries and organizations, public-private partnerships (PPPs), state-owned businesses, inner most and non-profit entities, and outright privatisation.
It truly is well known that go back and forth and tourism could have a excessive environmental impression and make a massive contribution to weather swap. it's consequently very important that how one can decrease those affects are built and carried out. 'Slow trip' offers the sort of inspiration, drawing on rules from the 'slow meals' circulate with a priority for locality, ecology and caliber of existence.
«Buses Yearbook» is the yearly booklet associated with the per 30 days journal «Buses» it's been released each year in a number of guises because the early Nineteen Sixties and has turn into one of many fastened issues within the fanatic calendar. The ebook incorporates a assorted mixture of articles and photo-features, either historical and modern, masking quite a lot of matters of street shipping curiosity.
- Drogues au volant: Détection et dissuasion (French Edition)
- Longitude: The True Story of a Lone Genius Who Solved the Greatest Scientific Problem of His Time
- Bridge Team Management
- Cargomobilities: Moving Materials in a Global Age (Changing Mobilities)
- FDR's Funeral Train: A Betrayed Widow, a Soviet Spy, and a Presidency in the Balance
Additional resources for Best Practices for Transportation Agency Use of Social Media
The site reportedly had 250 million users in 2012, of which 150 million were active (O’Brien 2012). Like other social networks, GooglePlus allows members to create profiles, post updates and media, and follow other members. Because of its corporate parent, GooglePlus is integrated with other Google applications and services, including search results. The platform has not yet been widely adopted among transportation agencies. C. Other Social Networking Sites While Facebook and LinkedIn are arguably the best known social and professional networking sites, hundreds of other active and defunct social networks have been or are on the Internet.
Government agencies and private businesses use Twitter to share information about their goods and services, collect feedback from customers and constituents, and engage with their followers. The real-time nature of Twitter makes it especially well suited for communicating timesensitive information, from extreme-weather alerts to bus detours. Here is how some transportation organizations use Twitter to stay in touch. 3 Twitter account for Huey P. Long Bridge shares update about its projected construction schedule.
3. In some cases, individuals set up unofficial (and occasionally outright fake) Twitter accounts for transportation services, including bridges, buses, and trains. com/translink 14 It’s a Social World announcements from the department and bridge-related humor. An account purportedly representing the Hampton Roads Transit light-rail service known as The Tide (@NorfolkTide) appears to have no official status and offers a running commentary that can be witty, sarcastic, or both. Not surprisingly, transportation agencies frequently take advantage of Twitter’s real-time features to communicate time-sensitive information to their constituents.