By Alan R. Aitkenhead BSc MD FRCA, Jonathan Thompson, David J. Rowbotham MD MRCP FRCA, Iain Moppett
2014 BMA clinical e-book Awards 1st Prize Award Winner in Anaesthesia class!
Smith and Aitkenhead’s Textbook of Anaesthesia has turn into the ebook of selection for the trainee anaesthetist and is vital examining for applicants for the Fellowship of the Royal university of Anaesthetists and related examinations. it's also a hugely depended on, useful consultant for all anaesthetists and different well-being care pros all in favour of the perioperative period.
Building on past all over the world good fortune, this 6th variation has been completely up-to-date and reorganised to mirror present anaesthetic perform and the fundamental sciences that without delay underpin it. The inclusion of a number of new chapters maintains to make sure whole insurance of key and evolving components and new, skilled authors additionally upload a clean viewpoint to this version. For the 1st time, Smith & Aitkenhead’s Textbook of Anaesthesia comes with complementary entry to the full contents on-line at expertconsult.com, making it extra versatile and straightforward to exploit than ever earlier than.
- Clear and concise insurance of the whole diversity of contemporary scientific practice
- from anaesthetic apparatus and pre-operative review via to post-operative care, neighborhood anaesthesia, anaesthesia for person specialties, in depth care and the administration of persistent discomfort.
- New chapters on resuscitation; administration of the tough airway; administration of the high-risk sufferer; anaesthetic concerns in transplant sufferers; consent and data; defense and caliber development and schooling and training
- Clinically suitable easy sciences built-in throughout
- together with the foundations of pharmacology, anaesthetic brokers and physics for the anaesthetist
- Take it with you anyplace – rapid entry to the whole digital textual content, downloadable snapshot library and extra at expertconsult.com