Windows shop App Development introduces C# builders to operating with home windows shop apps. It offers complete insurance of XAML, and addresses either app layout and improvement. Following quite a few rigorously crafted examples, you will know about new home windows eight good points, the WinRT API, and .NET 4.5. alongside the best way, you are going to choose up counsel for deploying apps, together with sale during the home windows shop. And, in fact, you will discover an identical deep and precise insights Pete presents in his Silverlight books.
About the Technology
The home windows shop presents an grand array of productiveness instruments, video games, and different apps on to the hundreds of thousands of consumers already utilizing home windows 8.x or floor. home windows shop apps boast new gains like contact and pen enter, standardized app-to-app conversation, and tight integration with the net. And, you could construct home windows shop apps utilizing the instruments you know: C# and XAML.
About this Book
Windows shop App Development introduces the home windows 8.x app version to readers conversant in conventional computer improvement. you will discover dozens of rigorously crafted examples as you grasp home windows beneficial properties, the home windows Runtime, and the simplest practices of app layout. alongside the way in which, you will choose up guidance for deploying apps, together with promoting in the course of the home windows Store.
This publication calls for a few wisdom of C#. No event with home windows eight is needed.
- Designing, growing, and promoting home windows shop apps
- Developing contact and sensor-centric apps
- Working C# examples, from feature-level innovations to accomplish app design
- Making apps that speak to every other
- Mixing in C++ for much more features
About the Author
Pete Brown is a Developer Evangelist at Microsoft and writer of Silverlight four in motion and Silverlight five in Action.
Purchase of the print e-book incorporates a loose book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
Table of Contents
- Hello, sleek Windows
- The glossy UI
- The home windows Runtime and .NET
- Brushes, pictures, types, and resources
- Displaying attractive text
- Controls, binding, and MVVM
- View controls, Semantic Zoom, and navigation
- The app bar
- The splash monitor, app tile, and notifications
- View states
- Contracts: enjoying properly with others
- Working with files
- Asynchronous everywhere
- Networking with cleaning soap and RESTful services
- A chat app utilizing sockets
- A little UI paintings: person controls and Blend
- Networking participant location
- Keyboards, mice, contact, accelerometers, and gamepads
- App settings and suspend/resume
- Deploying and promoting your app